Sunday, November 22, 2015

Halloween & Vegas Baby!

It's been too long since I posted to my blog, but such is life as I play the role of full-time mom of two, wife and professional. But we are managing our hectic lives fairly well, considering, but any extra time is certainly lacking.

We have had a wonderful past couple of months though. We celebrated Halloween with our little Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight and Ewok babies, David and I took a mini-vacation to Las Vegas and Hailey tried her first solids!

Halloween 2016

This Halloween was all about Star Wars thanks to our almost four-year-old fan. So what's a Mom to do? Get Hailey-in on the action of course. So Michael was Jedi Skywalker Jedi Knight and Hailey was his Ewok friend.

There was the traditional pumpkin carving and cookie making, a Halloween party at the kids school, a parade at David's S. Pearl St. community Farmer's Market and we celebrated the actual holiday with friends! We had a blast. Check it out below:

It was a little bright but he loved showing off his costume at the Farmer's Market.

He was so proud of himself walking through the parade.


We had so much fun making cookies.


Don't let these expressions fool you. He would have nothing to do with cleaning the pumpkins.


Our finished product, thanks to Daddy. He let Michael pick-out whatever design he wanted and he picked...

A scary one. Such a boy...


Such a cute picture. He didn't have all the pieces of his costume yet, but he wanted to try what we had on and he was so proud.

Time for family poses!



Here he is at school with his teacher Ms. Diane and one of his besties Addison.

And Genevieve and Adam joined-in too!

All lined-up ready to parade around the school in search of candy!

When they got back to the classroom they cleaned some pumpkins so they could decorate them.

Here he is decorating his.


Time to trick or treat with all his friends...


(some kind of ninja move) He had so much fun running around with friends and collected WAY too much candy...

His best buddy Jacob as Jake the Pirate.

LtoR: Keira, Michael, Jacob, Emma, Kainoa, Keira and Alina.
Michael had so much fun, Halloween is one of his favorite holidays. And sorry the images are out of order, but you get the picture.

Las Vegas Baby!

David went to Vegas this year, as he usually does, to attend SEMA - the largest after-market automotive tradeshow in the world. I joined him Thursday and along with my friend Katie, I went dancing and saw one of my favorite DJ's at Hakkassan in the MGM, I saw Britney Spears in concert (my Mother's Day gift) and went zip-lining over downtown Vegas! Check it out below:

Katie and I before zip-lining.

David and I before zip-lining. It was David and Katie's first-time zip-lining.

Posing next to one of Vegas's classic light displays.


Britney rocked it! I am so glad I got to see her - bucket list item completed.




Ready for a nice dinner - at Craftsteak - and Britney!

The Hakkassan nightclub at MGM. I LOVED dancing here; it was so much fun!

You can kind of see two guys in this picture. Well, they make-up The Chainsmokers, DJ's and some of my favorite!

Katie and I on our first night.


At SEMA, walking the show.


Zip-lining success! We made it!

Katie on her arrival.

David had such a blast!

Look closely, here we come!

Here comes Katie flying-in...


She loved it!

And here I come, flying-in...
I always have a good time in Vegas, but this was probably my favorite trip yet. I got to do everything I wanted and it was a nice little getaway for David and I. My Mom (Auggie) babysat the kids and she had a wonderful time with them - the feeling was mutual.

Hailey Achieves Some Milestones

Next week Hailey will turn six months old. It's hard to believe she was born six months ago... it feels like yesterday. She is now sitting-up on her own, she can roll over (front to back and back to front) and she absolutely LOVES to stand... I think we'll have an early walker.

She also tried solids for the first time. Not a fan...





She is doing wonderfully and is finally sleeping through the night in her own room (thank goodness). It has been such fun watching Michael be the big brother that he is and watching them begin to play together. Dream come true.

Thanksgiving is on the horizon and then Christmas, which we'll spend in TX this year, so more pictures to come. Love you all and hope you're doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment