Monday, May 2, 2011

The Secret's Out!

I waited with baited breath for several weeks to confirm it and now the cat's out of the bag - David and I are having a baby! We're overjoyed and hope things continue to progress smoothly.

Because our families don't live nearby, and we have a lot of family, we thought it would be nice to set-up a blog to update you on the health and wellness of our baby to be. As well as what we're doing to prepare for first-time parenthood.

First things first, the facts: I'm officially eight weeks pregnant today. David and I confirmed the pregnancy last Monday, April 25 and had an ultrasound in which we saw the little blob and heard a strong, healthy heart beat of 154 bpm. At the time I was just under seven weeks pregnant, so a strong heart beat at that time is excellent (or so I've read). Yes, I've read and continue to read every blog, article or book I can get my hands on although my doctor reminds me that most are not factual.

Pretty much since our pregnancy was confirmed, David has been hard at work converting our guest bedroom into the baby's room (don't worry - for those who want to visit, we are converting our office into the new guest bedroom so we still have plenty of room to sleep guests). Obviously we don't know the sex of the baby, but even if we did, we really wanted to go with a classy neutral theme. I'll save pictures until the finished product is ready but it's looking good! I'm fortunate to have married someone who can do just about anything around the house. Phew.

We also got a head start on picking out a hospital and toured Littleton Adventist Hospital on Sunday afternoon - we clocked it and it's about 10 minutes from the house (I know, funny). My biggest concern (mostly from movies and TV shows) is that I want a private room and Littleton can accomodate that wish so I'm pleased.

Getting ahead of ourselves? Probably. But we're just so excited we can't help ourselves. My next appointment is May 23rd so more updates to come.

Let us know what you think about this blog too! We want it to be fun and informative.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment