Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Time To Get Excited!

Our 11 week appointment with the doctor was yesterday (May 23rd) and it was one that I was eagerly awaiting. Although we'd seen a little pea in the ultrasound at 7 weeks, I haven't felt much in the way of pregnancy symptoms. Sure, I'm hungry, tired and can't sleep through the night without using the restroom ... but, no morning sickness or even nausea. I guess that's a thank you to my Mom, aunts and grandma who I surveyed and didn't have it really either in their pregnancies. Phew! Happy to have that passed down :)

But nevertheless, I was eager to hear a heartbeat again and see that little pea grow into a rasberry (that's how the baby books compare it to in terms of size at 11 weeks). Well, are you ready to get excited? Take a look at this:

Amazing isn't it? Thanks to technology, I got to see my little 11 week-old baby in what the doctors refer to as 4D. He/She (won't know for another month or so) actually moved around and as you can see, was camera shy and covered his/her eyes when it was picture taking time. The baby has a very strong heartbeat of 176 bpm's (it was 154 bpm at 7 weeks) and everything's looking great so far.

My next appt. will be in another month at 15 weeks.

Little Baby Estes has already seen quite the adventures so far - he/she has flown to Omaha, Nebraska and Rapid City, S.D. (where I am right now actually) and David and I went on a helicopter ride Saturday. Quite the world traveler ...

We continue to be awestruck at this amazing news and thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment