Well, I'm only a couple of days away from my half-way mark - 20 weeks - can you believe it? Me either. It feels like just yesterday that we were announcing our good news to our family and friends. It's been a whirlwind.
But the baby, who we affectionally refer to as the Lil' Nugget until we find out the sex on August 11th, is very healthy and active. We just had our 19 week appointment last Thursday and checking the heartbeat is quite the chore with this little one. He/She will turn around and upside down to avoid the nurse. While slightly annoying to the nurse, I can't help but giggle a little bit. But, she did finally find it and the heartbeat is 140 bpm and between 120 and 160 is healthy.
I continue to have a relatively easy pregnancy, or so I hear (knock on wood). The only thing I'm dealing with now is swelling in my ankles and feet, but I'm learning to prop my feet up every chance I get, continue to drink water Madi style (like a water buffalo) and exercise more often. I also took the leap and went maternity clothes shopping. When all your pants are snug and uncomfortable, it's about time. They're actually cuter than you'd think, and no one would know I was even wearing spandex pants if I didn't tell them.
And it's time to finally show you the baby room that David has been working so diligently on since I was about six weeks along. No furniture yet, but once we determine the sex I will be going to town w/ a theme, etc. So, more pics to come. I asked David to take video of the room for the blog and he went a step further and added a title and some credits - look closely, it's very cute. Thank you honey. (for those of you that can't make out the lettering on the back wall in the babies room, it says "Dream Until Your Dreams Come True)
As mentioned earlier, August 11th, at my 22 week mark, is the next big milestone where we will find out the sex of the baby and get another ultrasound - I haven't seen the Lil' Nugget since week 11 and heartbeats just aren't cutting it for me anymore :)
Last but not least, David and I had the opportunity to visit family in Florida and they are all very excited about the baby too. I got some great advice - never ask your child what they want :) - and some great gifts for the baby room. I'll share more when the room comes together but thank you family. More to come in the near future... only 4.5 months left!
No comments:
Post a Comment