Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Tooth Has Sprouted!

The doctor told us at Michael's six-month appointment that he saw a tooth that hadn't broken the skin yet, but would be sprouting soon. Well, a couple of months later and sure enough, one little bottom tooth is starting to show (his bottom right tooth). I'm a proud Mom so of course it is the cutest little thing I've ever seen ... when I get to see it that is. Michael loves to stick his tongue out or try to bite your finger if you go anywhere near his mouth so no pictures yet folks, but soon I will trick him into letting me snap a photo of his little pearly white.

I swear he said "dada" the other day too, but it doesn't seem consistent so I don't think we can officially count it as his first word yet. Maybe "mama" still has a fighting chance although the "m" sound has not been vocalized yet.

Speaking of speaking, he's got his vowels down for sure!

Our family is doing well though, we have two new roomates - yes, two! Both Emily and Deborah are living with us and working - Emily in PR and Deborah is doing one of her externships at a local vetenary surgeon. Deborah's been here only two days and has helped to deliver six golden retreiver puppies, remove a spleen and remove a rock from another dog's stomach. Pretty cool stuff compared to my days.

We have a lot of family coming in this weekend too, including my aunt Abbey, Nonny and Auggie. Should be a fun-filled weekend.

And finally, we set-up our above-ground pool that we've had for four years and set-up only once. Michael loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment