Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Halloween from the Cuddly Lion!

Well Halloween has come and gone but we enjoyed every second of the festivities that come along with the spooky holiday.

As you saw in earlier pictures, we picked out two large pumpkins at the local pumpkin patch but alot has happenedsince then. We carved them - one for Michael (created by pumpkin carver extraordinaire David) and one for Mommy and Daddy (created free-hand by pumpkin carver amateur Amy). Even Emily joined in on the fun, getting her own pumpkin from the patch and carving a kitten - which had to be perfect to honor her cat Timarron (it looked fantastic - Timarron would have been proud).

"Umm I don't know how I feel about this ..."

"What is Emily doing sticking her hand in that icky stuff?!"

"What is Dad trying to get me to touch now ... it's slippery"

"OK, pumpkin seeds are pretty cool ..."

Glad I'm not that pumpkin :-) (Emily's first time carving a pumpkin)

"Now I'm kind of in to this, bring on more pumpkin!"

Looked awesome until a neighborhood cat bit off one of the "e's"

Deep in concentration.

Then came time to trick or treat. We first went to Columbine High School where they do an annual trick or treat street for the community kiddos and Michael made some friends in line (see below). But the event was very unique. They transformed the school into several different themes - a Finding Nemo room, Disney princesses room, etc. and all of the students and teachers were dressed-up like the themes.

Getting ready for candy


He was a hit with the other kids in line and although I don't have pictures of the inside, he was a hit there too.



"What is all this awesome stuff in my pale?!"

"Stop the camera Mom, I want to eat candy!!!" He has a lot of papparazzi in his life :)

After this we went to Boo at the Zoo, an annual event at the zoo where he enjoyed looking at other lions and on Halloween night we went to a few of our neighbors homes so they could see the little munchkin.

I don't have pics here - my computer's hard drive crashed so I'm limited on my technology right now - but I'll upload some of Michael and Emily together, who conveniently dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. So, we had the lion, scarecrow (because I have some decorations in my yard) and Dorothy.

It was a great Halloween and I can't wait for next year.

Next-up, Michael turns 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment