Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Butterfly Pavilions

This weekend, aside from going to the zoo and swimming pool, Emily and I took Michael to the Butterfly Pavilions. I don't know how impressed he was with the actual butterfly's but there were some other exhibits that caught his interest, and he just enjoyed hanging with his Auntie Em in general.

After the Pavilions he went to the zoo and rode the carousel and train with Emily. And today I took him to the local recreation center pool. It's like a mini water park so its a big attraction for the local kids. Well, when I sat with him in the water you would have thought I was the worst mother in the world - screaming, crying .. But when it came time to leave he didn't want to. We'll be back :-)

Enjoy some pics from another fun, special weekend with our boy.

The Butterfly Pavilions offered steps and a platform so the kids could see the exhibits - he enjoyed being able to stand and see things himself.

Such a good little walker. I put him in this bright shirt in hopes butterflies would land on him, but he never stood still long enough to find out.

Aside from the guy in my way, I got a pic of him smiling on the carousel with his Auntie Em.


Emily held "Rosie" a tarantula at the Pavilions! She's brave.


On the train ride at the zoo; Michael rode in the middle and waved at passerbyers.




They had some pretty amazing butterfly species. This one is the owl butterfly because of the spot on its wing that looks like an owls eye.



I made Emily wear a tye dye shirt because I was told bright colors attracted the butterflies. As you can tell from her expression, no butterflies landed on her. Oh well ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment