Yesterday, David picked-up Michael early from school and took him to a barber shop for his first haircut. It was a boy's thing so I wasn't privy to the outing, but David said he waved hi and bye to everyone in the shop and didn't shed a tear. I'm pretty impressed given the horror stories I've heard from other mom's.
Here are some pics of his new do.
In other Michael news, he now has a completely new wardrobe for summer and I need group therapy as a result. Carter's had everything 50% off and I couldn't help myself, but he's all set for summer - and thanks to my Nonny and Auggie for their wonderful clothing additions too. He is a very loved little boy. (the sweater in the pics above was one of the "buys" and yes, it looks big but my hope is he can wear it in th fall too)
Additionally, he is picking-up a lot of new sign language at school and adding new words to his vocabulary. He can now say hi, bye, yeah, mamama (for mom), Dah (for dad), doh (for dog), kah (for cat) and I swear I've heard "shoes" (because he likes to take them off every chance he gets) and "thank you" but they're not consistent enough to know if it was a fluke or not.
As for sign language, he signs for milk, more, all done and then he of course waves. And his pointer finger works just fine - he's quick to point to what he wants.
We've been to the Easter Bunny and have some fun plans for the weekend, but I'll wait to post more after the weekend.
And finally, here are a couple more pictures for your enjoyment. (and yes, it was my idea to get in the tunnel with Michael and if you can't tell, he thought it was hilarious)

No comments:
Post a Comment