Friday, April 24, 2015

Baby Girl Update: Week 34

While I don't have any pictures to share of our soon-to-be baby girl, I wanted to at least provide an update on her and my progress:

First and foremost, this pregnancy has gone really well and continues to go well - no high blood pressure, limited swelling, no modified bed rest... Which is a catch-22 because with Michael I was seeing the doctor's more regularly, I was able to take advantage of the 3-D ultrasound imaging and see my little guy pretty frequently.

Baby girl is the opposite. Everything is going so smoothly that even at 34 weeks pregnant, every two weeks for check-up's has been deemed appropriate, and I haven't "seen" my baby girl via ultrasound since week 20! But soon enough...

Here are the facts as they stand today:
  • I am 34 weeks, 2 days today.
  • My blood pressure is perfect. (phew, right?!)
  • Her heartbeat is 150 bpm - the same as it was two weeks ago.
  • She is growing well - in fact, she is measuring at 37 weeks. (Michael did the same thing and only weighed-in at 6 lbs., 9 oz. at birth so I'm not convinced this is indicative of her actual size)
My next appointment - at week 36, the same week I had Michael a mere 3.5 years ago - is scheduled for Friday, May 8. At that time they'll check her position and make sure she and I are both ready for her impending arrival. Still aiming towards a June 3 delivery, but if I was a gambling woman I'd say we'll meet her a little early as I've begun to experience contractions almost daily.

And resting easy? Nah - that's for the birds. I've been hard at work getting what was sweet Michael's baby room ready for our little girl. Below is the finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment