It's not often I get the chance to travel to Florida, but my maternity leave was the perfect chance to do it twice in just a two-week timeframe to introduce family to our sweet Hailey Ann.
First-up, Pensacola where we visited with LOTS of family and both kids soaked up every minute...
 |
| Nonny holding a sweet, sleeping baby Hailey |
 |
| Michael LOVED spending time w/ his "cousins" in the pool - conveniently located just mere feet from the condo. |
 |
| Kirk holding Hailey for the first time. |
 |
| Anthony, Allison and Kirk with sweet Hailey. |
 |
| Anthony was a great babysitter while we were in Pensacola. |
 |
| Jessica, Anthony and Hailey. |
 |
| Hailey sure was comfortable in Allison's arms... |
 |
| My sweet night, night girl. |
And you know Auggie Paparazzi - always a photo shoot. But all kidding aside, I am very fortunate that she's always taking pictures of my babies. I'm not as good about it, but definitely important I capture these memories as the years will fly by...
 |
| Our little fish, Michael just LOVES the water... especially pools! |
 |
| And what's a new Mom to do when she is in FL? Rent jet-ski's with some of her cousins of course! |
 |
| Hadn't ridden in years but it was a blast! |
 |
| Thanks Matthew for joining-in on the fun! |
 |
| And to John for joining-in too! |
 |
| Three of my four uncles with my aunts-in-law (LtoR: Kirk, Chris, Keith, Heidi, David and Noeline) |
 |
| Sweet family - SO glad I got to see so many family members! |
 |
| We attempted to light a lantern on the dock one night - didn't work out but it was really fun and funny trying... |
We had an amazing time and Michael and Hailey are so blessed to have so many people adore them. He still talks about this trip almost daily...
Next-Up: Deerfield Beach
We then had the opportunity to travel to Deerfield Beach and introduce Hailey to Deborah and Ben, as well as spend time with Auggie, Poppa and Auntie 'Em.
 |
| My sisters, always the models... |
 |
| Had to add at least one picture of David and I... |
 |
| Cousin John came to visit us too while we were in Deerfield - here he is with Deborah getting their groove on. |
And another photo shoot was done of sweet Hailey Ann... Prepare yourself for cuteness overload.
 |
| There are some really cool boulders on the beach - Michael had fun climbing and playing on them. |
 |
| My sweet babies - Michael is an AMAZING big brother. |
 |
| Workouts on the beach are awesome - I literally look forward to running on the boardwalk by the beach... |
 |
| Auntie Deborah with my sweet babies. Michael doesn't love Hailey at all as you can tell... |
 |
| Me and my sisters. |
Then we went on a deep sea fishing trip with David, Michael, Deborah and I. It was AMAZING! David and Deborah struggled to reel-in two large Bonita's and we walked away with 4 grouper and 4 snapper - yummy dinner was had that night!
 |
| I captured pics of Deborah trying to reel her large Bonita in. Her pole is now between her legs while she is screaming for me to help her... |
 |
| C'mon Deborah you can do it!!! |
 |
| And look at that! Amazing catch sis! |
 |
| Oh look, David got something too! |
 |
| Nice snapper babe! |
 |
| Michael got-in on the fun too! |
 |
| Wow looks like a big one... |
 |
| Yep! Another Bonita! |
 |
| That's right, I didn't miss out on the fun either... |
 |
| He made it through most of the trip but was pretty tuckered out towards the end. |
 |
| Check out our catch! I lightly pan-fried the filets and they were a delicious treat for dinner that night. |
 |
| Family pic - thanks Auntie 'Em for taking! |
 |
| Baby girl did great on the beach - she loved her little tent. |
We had a wonderful time visiting family in FL and am so glad I was able to do so during my leave!
T-Ball Comes to an End
Michael had a ton of fun this season playing t-ball with his buddies Jacob and Nash, and he really enjoyed David being the Coach. For their last game the kids got to run through a breakaway banner, fog and then they received medals and pizza to celebrate their last game.
Adventure Friday's Live On...
Although I am back to work - God did I LOVE my time on leave - Adventure Friday's will live on for the foreseeable future. And so, last Friday Michael got to pick his adventure and can you guess what he chose? Yep, hiking... again :-)
He LOVES being out in nature and I think it is fantastic.
Can't Forget About Ft. Pickens!
When I inserted my pictures in the blog some of them got moved around, but while we were in Pensacola Michael got to explore the old Ft. Pickens - where I used to explore when I was a kid and my Mom, uncles and aunts did too when they were kids - so it is an especially important part of our family. He absolutely LOVED it!
 |
| And of course cousin John and I had to do some exploring of our own too! |
 |
| Seriously... best babysitter! |
More Swimming & Family Fun in Pensacola
A few other pictures from our Pensacola trip that got mixed-in out of order...
 |
| Michael and Nathan, not having fun at all... LOL |
 |
| And cousin Adam joined-in on the fun too! |
 |
| All the second-generation cousins (and third including Michael) |
 |
| Took a nice second/third-generation cousin shot, but EFFM David Clark wanted-in on the action :-) |
 |
| There we go... |
 |
| One proud Auggie. |
 |
| As Michael refers to him, "My Kirk" holding Hailey. |
 |
| All the cousins that were there - first, second and third generation. |
 |
| My little family minus David who was unable to join for this leg of our FL adventure. |
 |
| Nonny LOVES her babies! |
No comments:
Post a Comment