My last post was December 2015 with pictures from Michael's 4th birthday. It's now April 24, 2022... that's right, 7 years later. And a lot has happened. But one thing remains. Our family continues to maximize the minutes of the days, weeks, and years as they continue to pass by so quickly, and I still strive to capture the memories.
I won't even attempt to recap the last 7 years, but here's some highlights:
- Michael is 10 years old and in 4th grade... for a few more weeks.
- Hailey is 6 years old, but will turn 7 in a month, and in 1st grade... for a few more weeks.
- David turned the big 4-0 in style last year with a surprise birthday party and boys trip to NYC. He has been with Xcel Energy as a Fleet Supervisor for almost a year. He was with UPS in their fleet management department prior.
- I too turned the big 4-0, but one year prior to David. And I too celebrated this milestone in style with a trip to Cancun with friends and family. I am the Director of Communications with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. It will be 5 years this August.
- The kids are both currently playing soccer. It's Michael's 6th or 7th season and Hailey's first with the Real Colorado soccer club. Michael is also in the band and has previously played football and will be playing basketball in the fall.
- While weekdays consist of school/work, homework, dinner, playing at the park with friends, and some long hikes/walks on nice days, weekends are filled with soccer, time with friends (David and I have never met a stranger), boating if the weather is nice, and our big family news, time at our newly-purchased Estes Family Reserve. The "Reserve" is our nearly 40-acre piece of land in Teller County, CO. Sitting near the city of Victor, our property includes a 3-bedroom, 1.5 bath homestead. Perfect for our family of 4 and all of our friends to enjoy.
In addition to enjoying our mountain time, we just celebrated Easter with friends at our Highlands Ranch home. See pictures from both Easter and the Reserve below, including a few extras for your enjoyment!













































No comments:
Post a Comment