Tuesday, May 3, 2022

D.C. Adventures - The National Mall, White House, and More

 As an employee of a national laboratory - the National Renewable Energy Laboratory - I visit Washington D.C. often for work. However, I typically fly in just in time for meetings and fly out immediately afterwards to limit my time away from home. This time, since David and I visited nearby Maryland before my D.C. work trip began, I traveled into the city earlier. And I took full advantage. 

First, I walked 4 miles along the National Mall where I saw the Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, the International Spy Museum, and the Smithsonian Institution. Check out some pics below:









Today is Day 2 and I've walked nearly 8 miles to visit the White House, the Museum of American History, and the Museum of Natural History, in addition to work visits to the Department of Energy. Check out some pics below:














The kids love dinosaurs and sharks so I took some close-up's of their favorites for them. Insane work meetings begin tomorrow so my D.C. adventures concluded today. Until next time, D.C.... until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment