Only nine more weeks to go, or less, until we welcome our first baby into our family! Wowee, that was fast!
Things continue to go relatively smoothly, although I need to reduce my salt intake (bye bye pickles, french fries and every other delicious food I love) and kick my feet up whenever I can. And we're nearly ready for his arrival - or shall I say as ready as we can be. For example, in addition to his beautiful room, furniture and gifts all of you have showered us with, he has a closet now and a cabinet in the bathroom - remember its just been David and I in that house for 4.5 years and we've been using every inch of it. We still need to find space in the kitchen for bottles, bibs and other fun stuff, but we're getting closer to being "ready."
Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, David and I did have our "Fun Scan" appointment which provides a 20 minute DVD of Baby Estes grooving and shaking, as well as some still shots. He has and continues to be camera shy. That or he just doesn't like my nurses ... so he stuck out his tongue (literally) and rolled towards my back and stayed there for the full 20 minutes. So, we didn't get any great shots of him like we had hoped. He did, however, open his eyes for a split second, stuck out his tongue (thought I was kidding?), smiled and puffed out his cheeks.
The best still image we got of him is below. I can't figure out how to download the video, but like I said it wasn't full of great shots since he faced my back the entire time.
David and I have also been taking classes at our local hospital Littleton Adventist - where we plan to deliver. We've taken breastfeeding (yes David came and surprisingly most husbands were there) and are currently taking child birth preparation classes. I think David and I are at risk of being kicked out of the child birth class due to the fact that nearly everything is funny to us. In fact, we can barely look at each other without cracking up.
There are a lot of reasons why some of it is funny, but one example is they made us all lay on mats in the dark, with lullaby's playing in the background and spoon each other while doing breathing exercises and imagining a meadow and a beach. Then we had to stand up and dance with each other in front of everyone. Now, I'm sure I'll be thankful for some of these "exercises" down the road but it was pretty funny to us at the time. Three more weeks of classes, so I'll update everyone on if we're still in the teachers good graces or not ... Next-up is the Safety and CPR class so our training's not over yet.
Also, in what's become my usual travel update, Baby Boy visited Florida again (congratulations again to my Nonny for her recent career recognition) and also went to New York City where he got a couple of cute NYC onesies. I can't wait to start dressing him.
Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment