I am technically 35 weeks along as it relates to my due date (Dec. 13), but Baby Boy Estes would argue I'm 38 weeks along since he's measuring at 38 weeks and has consistently measured about two weeks ahead throughout the pregnancy. Yes folks, we have a linebacker on our hands - or as I'd like to think of it - a very handsome, tall, built quarterback :)
Whether he's born in two weeks or five weeks, David and I will be ready for the adventure. Baby Boy may not appreciate it on Day One but David and I have taken a lot of care and consideration in his purchases - who would have thought buying a pack 'n play would be such a debate (love you honey). But thanks to our family and friends' advice, we think we have everything and more - in fact, his book case is even full so I see a lot of reading in our future. Bye bye US Weekly and hello "Goodnight Moon."
As for me, salt and walking are not my friends. My ankles and chicken legs have dissapeared so I try to prop them when I can. My blood pressure is all over the place - high then low in a matter of minutes (amazing). I am visiting the doctor's office on a weekly basis now and have an ultrasound at Week 27 to see how Baby Boy is developing. Overall, I'm good and aside from one weekend on bed rest to help reduce swelling I've been active and pretty normal this whole time.
We even went to a Halloween party our friends were throwing. Our costumes - Juno and Paulie Bleeker (from the movie Juno). Like? You have no idea how long it took us to find yellow sweatbands ... no other color would do :)

I'll continue to update my blog, probably after my Week 37 visit and will use this blog once he's born and to document his and our lives for as long as the Internet and Blogger are around.
Believe it or not, David and I were the only ones in our child-birth preparation classes (yes, we "graduated" and weren't kicked out) that had a journal or some kind of documenting vehicle for our pregnancy. I'll be excited to share this with him one day so he can see how Mommy and Daddy planned for his arrival and how excited we were to welcome him into our family.
Love you all and thank you again for everything - your kind words, helpful advice, showers, visits .... the list goes on.
No comments:
Post a Comment