Saturday, May 30, 2015

Our Sweet Girl, Hailey

We became a family of four overnight as our new baby girl Hailey Ann blessed this world on Wednesday, May 27 at 4:36 p.m. She weighed in at a healthy 7 lbs., 10.8 ounces - one pound  bigger than our little Michael James did just three-and-a-half years ago.


Labor & Delivery

I was induced at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at 39 weeks amidst some concerns that my blood pressure - which was perfect during this pregnancy but caused some issues during my pregnancy with Michael - may creep up the longer I stayed pregnant.

All ready to go...
And after about seven hours, we got to hold our new baby girl for the first time.

Proud daddy.





Alas, the whole process went very smoothly and now we have a new cuddle bug.

Time to Meet Her Big Brother

About an hour after Hailey was born it was time to meet her big brother Michael, who was surprised when Auggie picked him up from school to take him to meet his little sister for the first time... he had no idea because we kept the timing of her arrival a surprise.

He is great with her... I always knew he would be a fantastic big brother and it's been really fun watching him with her.

He was so excited to see me and eager to hold baby Hailey.

He asked to hold her and the leaned over to give her a hug - my sweet, sweet boy.

Just a little moment between me and my boy - he missed me while I was in the hospital and was worried about me.

My boys brought me some pizza one of the nights and we had some intimate family time.



Loves of my life.

It was cute to see Hailey's mutual interest in Michael; they just looked at each other - checking each other out...

Now Time to Meet the Family

Shortly after Hailey was born she was cuddled, snuggled and instantly adored by her Auntie 'Em and her Auggie and Poppa, who had already been in Colorado for a week waiting to meet her (and are still here getting our growing family settled).

A proud auntie.

A proud Auggie.




It's been wonderful having my family here and thanks to my generous Mom and Dad, we've enjoyed some delicious homemade meals, clean laundry, groceries and more.

Time to Come Home

It was odd putting Hailey into what was Michael's car seat a few years ago - boy are they small at this stage.


Her "coming home outfit" was the same dress I wore when I came home from the hospital 34 years ago - pretty cool that my Mom kept in such mint condition all these years.


And upon arrival at our home, a stork awaited us - I just LOVE these!



So of course, we had to take pictures in front...


And we are soooo in love

She is beautiful and we are so lucky to have her in our lives. I seriously cannot stop staring at her...
 









BIG yawns...

She had her first bath courtesy of Auggie


She was diagnosed with jaundaus but it doesn't appear to be as high-risk as Michael's was, so we've been trying some in-home photo therapy:


Mommy/Daughter Photo Shoot

I'm one lucky Momma.











We are all doing very well and are getting settled back at home. Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and I'll keep posting updates on our new pride and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment