Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Girls Weekend + Mother's Day = A Terrible Monday

Terrible Monday because the weekend is over ...

This weekend was unlike most. I spent most of the weekend in a lodge in Vail, Colorado with 13 other girls, while David and Michael bonded by walking the mall, Sears, etc. (very manly things). But I came home just in time for Mother's Day and was surprised with some sweet gifts and quality time with my little family.

My good friend Tessa was having her bachelorette party in Vail and although nervous about leaving my boys at home, I decided to have a girl's weekend with David's sweet support. After being stopped on I-70 for over an hour due to a roll-over on Friday night, in the snow I may add, it was a very nice trip.

We stayed near Vail Village in a gorgeous four-bedroom lodge, grilled-out, went on a five-mile hike and had a five-star meal in Vail Saturday night. Here's some pictures of the area.









I forget where we live sometimes and Colorado is absolutely beautiful. This trip was a great reminder.

I got home as quickly as I could and Michael was sleeping, of course. But when he awoke I was holding him, kissing him, playing with him - smothering him essentially.

David got me a couple of cards, one from him and one from Michael, and Janice (Michael's nanny) made this for me:


So sweet. We spent the rest of the day at the house enjoying every minute together.

Big adventures to come: this weekend is our first road trip with Michael to Lubbock for Emily's graduation. Then, next weekend David's dad is coming to town. And we'll be heading to Florida soon.

Busy but so so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment