First, Pikes Peak where we rode the Cog Railway up to over 14,000 feet in elevation. I can go to 10,000 no problem since most of our ski resorts are around 10,000 but apparently that extra 4,000 put me over the edge because I was feeling less than great when we got to the top. We sat in a very cramped train across from a family from Chicago and it was a 1.5 hour ride to the top and then another hour back. Guess what? Michael did wonderfully! He looked out the window most of the time taking in the sights.
Here we are:
The next day we visited the zoo where we got a sneak peak of the new Asian Tropics exhibit. Now that we're official zoo members, I envision A LOT of trips over the next year.
Then we mingled with the rich and famous in Vail, Colo. where we walked around both Lionshead and Vail Village and then had lunch at the well-known Red Lion. The views and riverside paths are amazing and I see more trips there in our future.
And we weren't done yet. Next step: the Denver train museum. Thomas the Train will probably be a regular in our home if we keep this up ...
We love having family in town and just found out that in addition to (aunt) Emily living with us in a short couple of weeks, (aunt) Deborah will also join us July 16 - 27 for an externship she's doing here in Colorado as part of her vet school program! We can't wait to have the girls here!
Tomorrow we have our first appointment with the helmet doctor to see how its working and to make sure it's not irritating him. David and I have already seen improvement but we're curious if we're just seeing things ...
Hope all of you are well!
No comments:
Post a Comment